The information session video is MANDATORY in order to receive the link to the application! You must watch the video and complete the short quiz on canvas to get credit for this step in our selection process. Please join the canvas course to get credit and receive the link to the application.
What You Need to Know BEFORE You Apply
Thank you for your interest in applying to be a Resident Assistant!
You must meet all of the following qualifications in order to become an RA for Fall 2022:
- 2.5 or higher overall Texas State GPA.
- 2.5 or higher overall semester GPA.
- Enrolled as a full-time student at Texas State (at least 12 credit hours).
- 15 completed college credits by time of appointment.
- 1 semester of campus living experience by time of appointment.
- Prior to, or during first semester of employment, successfully complete the required 8-week seminar (non-credit bearing).
- Have no current or pending disciplinary sanctions.
- Pass a Texas Department of Public Safety background check.
- Read and review the RA job description carefully!
- Ask one (1) professional reference to submit a recommendation online.
- Complete your RA application.
- Prepare a resume for the interviews.
- All materials must be submitted by TBD for 2023-2024 positions
Each candidate will sign-up for a 1-hour Zoom Interview.
Interviews will take place: TBD for 2023-2024
|Applications Open||June 3, 2022|
|Applications & References||June 17, 2022 by 12 p.m. (noon)|
|Interviews||June 20 - July 1, 2022|
|Notification Letters||July 15, 2022|
|Accept/Decline Offer||July 22, 2022 by 12 p.m. (noon)|