The Resident Assistant is a student staff member of Housing and Residential Life who assumes major responsibilities in a residence hall for developing an environment conducive to comfortable living, academic excellence, and personal growth.
What You Need to Know Before You Apply
You must meet all of the following qualifications in order to become an RA for Fall 2023:
- 2.5 or higher overall Texas State GPA.
- 2.5 or higher overall semester GPA.
- Enrolled as a full-time student at Texas State (at least 12 credit hours).
- 15 completed college credits by time of appointment.
- 1 semester of campus living experience by time of appointment.
- During first semester of employment, successfully complete the required 8-week seminar (non-credit bearing).
- Have no current or pending disciplinary sanctions.
- Attend a mandatory information session.
|Applications Open||October 17, 2022|
|Applications & References||January 27, 2023 by 12 p.m. (noon)|
|Information Sessions||October 16, 2022 - January 26, 2023|
|Interviews||February 6 - 10, 2023|
|Notification Letters||March 8, 2023|
|Accept/Decline Offer||March 27, 2023 by 12 p.m. (noon)|
In order to complete the application process, you must attend one information session. Below is a list of available sessions to attend.
If you need an accommodation to participate in these sessions, please contact RASelection@txstate.edu.
|Wednesday, October 26th||6:00-7:00pm||Department of Housing and Residential Life|
|Friday, October 28th||11:00-12:00pm||Department of Housing and Residential Life|
|Friday, October 28th||4:00-5:00pm||Department of Housing and Residential Life|
|Wednesday, November 2nd||5:30-6:30pm||Falls & Sayers Halls|
|Thursday, November 3rd||7:00-8:00pm||First Five Freedom & Elena Zamora O'Shea Halls|
|Friday, November 4th||11:00-12:00pm||Department of Housing and Residential Life|
|Friday, November 4th||4:00-5:00pm||Chautauqua & Gaillardia Halls|
|Wednesday, November 9th||5:30-6:30pm||Butler Hall|
|Thursday, November 10th||7:00-8:00pm||Laurel Hall|
|Friday, November 11th||11:00-12:00pm||Department of Housing and Residential Life|
|Friday, November 11th||4:00-5:00pm||Bobcat Village Apartments|
|Wednesday, November 16th||5:30-6:30pm||College Inn|
|Thursday, November 17th||7:00-8:00pm||Smith Hall|
|Friday, November 18th||4:00-5:00pm||Lantana Hall|
|Wednesday, November 30th||6:00-7:00pm||Department of Housing and Residential Life|
|Thursday, December 1st||7:00-8:00pm||San Marcos Hall|
|Friday, December 2nd||11:00-12:00pm||Department of Housing and Residential Life|
|Friday, December 2nd||4:00-5:00pm||Jackson Hall|
|Wednesday, January 18th||4:00-5:00pm||https://txstate.zoom.us/j/94888896412|
|Thursday, January 19th||4:00-5:00pm||https://txstate.zoom.us/j/97321473310|
|Friday, January 20th||4:00-5:00pm||https://txstate.zoom.us/j/98946116324|
|Monday, January 23rd||4:00-5:00pm||https://txstate.zoom.us/j/98620314880|
|Tuesday, January 24th||7:00-8:00pm||https://txstate.zoom.us/j/93506224108|
|Wednesday, January 25th||4:00-5:00pm||https://txstate.zoom.us/j/91604391298|
|Wednesday, January 25th||5:30-6:30pm||Falls & Sayers Halls|
|Thursday, January 26th||5:00-6:00pm||https://txstate.zoom.us/j/98261072660|
|Thursday, January 26th||7:00-8:00pm||Chautauqua & Gaillardia Halls|
- Read and review the RA job description carefully!
- *OPTIONAL* - Ask one (1) professional reference to submit a recommendation online.
- Complete your RA application on Handshake. Search Resident Assistant (for 2023-2024).
- All materials must be submitted by Friday, January 27th for 2023-2024 positions.
Each candidate will sign-up for a 1-hour interview. Interviews will take place February 6-10th, 2023.